Agenda 21 is a growing cancer, that few know about. It must be stopped.
United Nations Agenda 21 Sustainable Development – Objectives and Goals –
- All governments take control of all land use, with property owners having no decision-making as to the properties use
- Government knows best
- Community property rights take precedence over individual property rights
- People need to be rounded up off their land and put into concentrated settlements, close to employment and transportation centers.
- Most land needs to be sent aside for wildlife, not human beings
- American affluence is a world problem and needs to be curtailed
- “Social Justice” requires that the US redistribute its wealth to poor countries
Agenda 21 policy dates back to the 1970’s. President Bush signed onto it at the Earth Summit in Rio in 1992 and President Clinton continued the program. This is a “soft” law and needs no approval from Congress. A non-governmental organization called the International Council of Local Environmental Initiatives, ICLEI, carries out the objectives of Agenda 21. Over 600 cities in the United States are members of ICLEI, and that number is growing. You, the taxpayer, pays for these costs.
Increasingly, many policies promoted by local Boards of Supervisors and planning commissions are identical to those espoused by Agenda 21. Read you County’s General Plan. Read the newspaper. The Smart Train between Marin & Sonoma County is a prime example where politicians are forcing people into high density residential clusters near employment and transportation centers and out of their automobiles and onto bicycles, busses, trains and boats, by using auto carbon emissions as a contributor to the myth of “global warming”.
Another example of progressive liberals promoting the Agenda 21 philosophy in Marin County is their attempt to close the Point Reyes Oyster farm so the seals will feel better. Next, will it be the dairy farmers, who allow the waste produced by their cows to supposedly pollute the streams, rivers and eventually the ocean? You can count on it, unless the CITIZENS stop it, by voting out the politicians who adopt policies that promote Agenda 21.
The growth of Redevelopment Agencies, bicycle advocacy groups, so-called environmental advocacy groups and the use of the words “sustainable model”, your freedoms are being slowly eroded in the name of THE ENVIRONMENT.
To learn more, go to: http://www.postsustainabilityinstitute.org/ , a Democratic think tank in Santa Rosa California. I wonder why they call it “post”? Does that mean they have given up the fight?