It is a sad day when my local newspaper creates a story on one of the most important issues, in OUR TIME, that have no basis in fact, that are promoted by progressive ideologues that have no idea what they are talking about other than their environmental focused agenda. http://www.marinij.com/sanrafael/ci_15535497
The Saturday, July 17, 2010 publication of the Marin Independent Journal headlined its “TOP STORY” on page one: “Coping with doom, gloom”, written by Richard Halstead, the IJ writer for business, health care and politics. Mr. Halstead’s writing is about Andre Angelantoni who has a company called “Post Peak Living” who “sees a future where”:
- “global warming”
- “dwindling oil supplies”
will result in:
- “spiraling unemployment”
- “food shortages” and
- “rising poverty”
- the beginning of the decline of our civilization
- our national unhealthiness, as medical accessibility declines, will create a huge humanitarian crisis.
- People having to have to get used to people dying of things they used to die of in the past”
- decline in oil production re-arranging our society much faster than climate change, while I (Angelantoni) was focused for years on global warming.
- All the oil that can be extracted from tar sands and oil shale, at a higher price, will not be ramped up fast enough to compensate
- unemployment reaching depression levels and continue past that
- oil price shocks and climate change which will result in less food production worldwide in a big way this decade
- “fewer people seeking higher education because there will be no jobs”. “Once this contraction begins, you don’t need all these educated people.”
Another crisis monger is Raven Gray, President of TRANSITION US, who is based in Sebastopol, just up the road from Angelantoni.
I would like to educate them as to the basic foundation of their beliefs:
- GLOBAL WARMING: The worlds leading scientists have told the worlds public the science of global warming has been affirmed by the scientific community. This is simply not true. Scientific data was manipulated by scientists at the University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit in Norwich, England to make sure the final conclusion was to prove that global warming was a fact.
- The reality is that The “global warming'” hoax has been perpetrated by the progressives as a means to purposely cause a shortage of energy and oil supplies.
- The “dwindling oil supplies” you refer to is false. The progressive liberal energy programs (or lack of a program) are causing dwindling energy supplies in the US. A current example is Obama shutting down 100% of all new drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. All 33 rigs will shortly be moved elsewhere, tens of thousands of permanent jobs and tens of millions of barrels of oil production will be lost; caused by OBAMA, ON PURPOSE!! Within the domestic United States there are more than 10 times the oil and natural gas supplies than in the middle east alone. These facts are documented and are not debateable.
Thus, because the PREMISE is false and has no basis in reality; all the future projections (ABOVE) of Mr. Angelantoni and Gray are scare tactics that they hope will provide them an audience so they can make a living off this nonsense.
Angelantoni, Gray & Halstead, & Halstead’s employer, the Marin Independent Journal, are obviously big supporters of the environmental movement. The environmentalists and the progressives don’t give a hoot about the environment and are destroying capitalism in America.
I will say that if the progressives, liberals, left and environmentalists are successful in their efforts to:
- Continue spreading the false myth of global warming
- curtail drilling for oil and natural gas on and off shore
- curtail coal & nuclear sources as the best low-cost sources of electricity
- prevent a continuation of the Bush tax cuts
- violate the US Constitution every day
- increase government spending programs
- increase taxes
- pass a cap and trade tax bill
- prevent a 100% reversal of the Obama 2300 page health care bill
- prevent a 100% reversal of the Obama 2300 pg financial reform bill
- keep control of the House of Representatives & Senate in November
- divert water resources to the fish rather than the farmers
Many of Mr. Angelantoni’s will in fact happen and the US will quickly be on the road to total disaster.
The irony here is that all these progressive policies which will cause all these terrible things to happen are promoted by Angelantoni, Gray, most at The Independent Journal, the democratic congress and the Obama administration. These people are ideologues and are economic illiterates.
ALL THAT HAS TO BE DONE TO QUICKLY TURN AROUND THE ECONOMY, INCREASE JOBS AND BECOME 100% ENERGY INDEPENDENT IS TO DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF ITEMS 1 THROUGH 12 ABOVE. The defeat of the progressives in the House and Senate on November 2, 2010 should be the first step to reverse all this Angelantoni & Gray doom and gloom. the permanent solution can then occur in November 2012.
So, Mr Angelantoni and Gray, if you want the nightmare you say is coming to really happen, continue voting for the progressives. If you want energy independence, prosperity for America, jobs for everyone who wants one, less poverty, no food shortages, a resurgence of America (“not the beginning of our decline”), vote the progressives out, encourage conservative values and put sanity back in Washington DC.