September 25, 2012 – Reuters News Service –Toyota Stops Electric Car Production – THIS HIGHLIGHTS THE FAILURE OF OBAMA & THE EPA IN FORCING IT’S “GREEN – SOLAR” AGENDA ON AMERICANS & THE WORLD.
Uchiyamada, who spearheaded Toyota’s hybrid gas – electric technology in the 1990’s said: “The current capabilities of electric vehicles do not meet societies needs whether it may be:
- The distance the cars can run
- the costs to manufacture versus what the consumer can pay
- or how long it takes to charge”
While the largest and most successful auto maker in the world want so build automobiles that people want to buy (gas and hybrid gas-electric models, the Obama administration implements quotas, regulations, tax subsidies, rebates, mandates and other GOVERNMENT SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC ENGINEERING, forcing private companies to build ELECTRIC VEHICLES THAT NO ONE WANTS TO BUY.
General Motors (owned by the Unions and the government – us) otherwise known as GM or GOVERNMENT MOTORS is building thousands of Chevrolet Volts and next the Chevrolet Spark. The majority of buyers for these cars is the government because no one else wants them.
Industry experts see PLUG IN CARS accounting for only a single digit percentage of global auto sales over the next ten years.
At the same time, Obama pushes plug in cars that will require an enormous amount of new electricity to run, he and his EPA is:
- closing coal fired electricity producing plants as fast as they can
- trying to shut down existing & planned hydro-electric power generating sources
- 100% against building new nuclear power plants that will produce clean electricity
- Promoting solar power which is more expensive than gas, oil, coal, nuclear by a multiple of 300% to 600%
All on the pretext of “SAVING THE ENVIRONMENT”
The LIBERAL PROGRESSIVE IN WASHINGTON DC AND AT ALL LEVELS OF ALL GOVERNMENT NEED to STOP THEIR SOCIAL – ECONOMIC ENGINEERING AND LET THE FREE MARKETS DETERMINE WHO BUYS WHAT and WHEN. HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF $ WILL BE SAVED; PRICES WILL BE LOWER AND QUALITY OF ALL PRODUCTS WILL BE HIGHER.